LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example of codes to communicate automotive part through NI XNET CAN card

Does anyone have an example of  LabWindow/CVI codes to communicate with an automotive parts through NI XNET CAN card (NI PXI-8512)?   ( I am using LabWindows/CVI 2010 under Window 7 environment) . 

I think I can sending out CAN message to the automotive parts but I did not see any response back from the module. 

(The automotive module is a good part)

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,285 Views)

Hi caroltse,

Once installed the NI Xnet driver, you can go to this path in your computer and look for the example code:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\CVI\Samples\nixnet

Regards,

steve.bm
AE | NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,267 Views)

I did go through examples under c:\users\Public\Public Documents\National Instrument\CVI\samples\nixnet\can

There are so many different approachs and I am not sure which approach will be suit for my application.

My goal is to commincate with an automative part through NI XNET CAN Hight speed device.

I tried using Frame approach, I saw CAN message out but I did not get response back from module.

Is there any working example of sending and receiving CAN message from a module that I can see to debug my application?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,264 Views)

Hi,

If you go for example to the Can\Advanced folder you will find different options, which option you should choose will depend on the device that you are trying to communicate with. Does your devices uses frames? In that case you can try the CAN Frame Input Output Same Port code.

Can you provide more information about the device your are using?

Regards,

steve.bm
AE | NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,245 Views)