From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluation period end Labwindows CVI 2020

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I downloaded Labwindows CVI 2020 and i'm using it with the evaluation period.

I compiled an archived software that we developped with the 2017 version. Everything work fine at the moment.

I wonder what will append at the end of the evaluation period ?

Will my .exe stop working ? Or I won't be able to open Labwindows CVI again ? Please tell me.

And how long is the evaluation period ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Have a nice day

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,239 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bisouke

Any compiled EXE will continue working even after your development environment license expired.

You need to refer to the Licensing agreement (EULA) on whether you can use the exe that was built using the evaluation version (legal implications possible)

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 6
(1,220 Views)

I don't know how things work today, but in the past executables created with the evaluation version will stop working after a few (10?) minutes, and I seem to remember that some watermark existed on UIs. Additionally the evaluation period had a short time with full features enabled and a second part with limited resources. Isn't it this way now?

These are severe limitations that could encourage you to switch to a full license when the evaluation period expires.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Having read back again the original question I suppose both our answers are not on target.

As far as I can understand from that message, situation is as follows:

• They have developed a program with CVI2017, supposedly a licenced version
  • Now they have downloaded the evaluation version for 2020, which at some time in the future will expire

In this scenario, they can continue using the 2017 version and produce regular applications with that version. If the 2020 eval version has been installed on the same system as 2017, all programs developed on both versions will use the RTE2020 but this is legal, as the RTE does not require a special licence and can be freely downloaded and installed on all systems. Moreover, all RTE version is guaranteed to be backwards compatible, so that you can download and install a newer RTE even without upgrading your IDE licence and without problems in your apps.

That is to say, the original executable created in 2017 will continue working without problems.

Hi, 

I also installed Evaluation version of CVI but I can't activate any software. 

Thierry_MAUNIER_0-1664519003191.png

The answers is there is no licence associated to my NY user account.

Please, could you explain how do you activate  you CVI evaluation version.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,021 Views)

@Thierry_MAUNIER  ha scritto:

Hi, 

I also installed Evaluation version of CVI but I can't activate any software. 

Duplicated post: see this discussion

(1,011 Views)