LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error unable to connect to Label Excel File

Hi,

I'm getting this "Error unable to connect to Label Excel File," each time I try to open the Supervisor exe application. Please help me determine what this Label Excel File is and what I can do to fix this error.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,997 Views)

Is Supervisor exe an application that you created? Are you using the DSC module? Could you tell us more about your application? Please post a screenshot of the error you are seeing, if possible.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,966 Views)

No, I did not create the Supervisor exe application. It was created by one our software developer who is no longer with the company. Attach is a photo of the error message. 

I'm new to using LabWindows so I'm not sure how to answer you in regards to the DSC module.

Let me know what other information I can provide. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,964 Views)

From the screenshot it seems like the error is a user generated error. So you'll have to look into your source code to see where this is generated and what it is looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,935 Views)

My guess is that the exe is looking for an Excel file either to put label contents into, or to read some labels from Excel and use them for a specific purpose. You probably want to research where such an Excel file might fit in to the business workflow, and what folder it traditionally resides in. 

And as suggested, search the .c and .h files for ".xls" or ".xlsx" for a really good clue!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,930 Views)