LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: LabWindow CVI driver for Lab View 2011 (using hp4145a)

What is the DLL for the Agilent hp4145a instrument driver?
I am trying to convert the LabWindows/CVI Agilent hp4145 intrument driver for use in labview 2011, but keep getting errors related to an incorrect DLL.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,244 Views)

Hi MBC,

Are you able to give a few more details concerning the missing or incorrect DLL? Does it tell you specifically which file is causing problems? Any further information or screenshot that you have will help narrow down the problem.

Best,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,213 Views)
Hi Courtney L., 
Your prompt response is much appreciated. Thank you. 
I have attached the "hp4145 LabVIEW Wrapper Conversion Report" as a txt file
- this report was automatically downloaded along with the"LabVIEW Instrument Driver Import Wizard (LabVIEW Interface Generator for LabWindows/CVI Instrument Drivers)" *(link listed below), and popped up at the end of the installation.
If any specific details or a screenshot will also be of benefit to solving this problem, I will be able to post them by tomorrow night.
*Link for Instrument Driver setup download:
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,194 Views)

Hey MBC,

Thanks for the report, it was really valuable! I took a look at the driver files and it looks like they consist of C source files as opposed to a DLL. I believe those are all the files necessary for the wrapper conversion. Were you able to get in touch with the Instrument Driver team whose e-mail is listed in the conversion report? Our driver team might have additional information as to best practices for the wrapper conversion process. That being said, I will see if I can come up with anything else that might be of help!

Best,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,181 Views)

Hello Guys,

Was this problem resolved? If so what is the solution. I'm having the same problem.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Gary

Gary@HeadstartEngineering.com

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,157 Views)

Hi Gary,

Are you using the same hardware? 

Best,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,139 Views)

I haven't gotten the contract yet. I just tried to convert the CVI software to LabVIEW.

The machine to control and retrieve the data from would be a hp4145a.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,136 Views)

Hi Gary,

Would it be possible to attach your conversion report?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,127 Views)

Hello Courtney,

I've already gotten the dll wrapper from the Instrumentation dept.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,124 Views)