LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display oscope capture buffer and viewport

On an oscilloscope there is usually an indicator that shows what portion of the capture buffer (sometimes called a viewport or a window) that is currently being displayed. I talked with NI and they don't have any numeric slider that behaves the same way. I am looking for ideas on how to do this.

Thank you

Dave Rogers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,085 Views)

Hello Dave,

I'm not very familiarized with this capture buffer or viewport, and I can't find a specific definition for it, so I'm wondering what is the specific information you are looking to obtain to get a better idea how it may obtained.

Would it be in some way related to the size and usage of the buffer in the board being used while making measurements? If so my first thought would be to look into the available properties of the specific board and see if we can retrieve that information through those properties, could you clarify which board you are using in this particular case?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,059 Views)

If you are interested only in indicating the buffer size / position without the need of a control you could use a Canvas control and the CanvasDrawRect command to size and position a rectangle within a rectangular canvas.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,055 Views)

Thank you Wolfgang.

That may be my only option. NI told me they do not have a numeric indicator that can be filled by both ends. They also suggested using a canvas but didn't say how. So your suggestion of using CanvasDrawRect was the info I was looking for.

Thank You

Dave Rogers

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,051 Views)