cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant build application after licensing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Everyone,

I used LabWindows/CVI trial version, but after trial time, Ive buyed: LabWindows/CVI Base Development System.

Activation passed OK:

MichalZajac_0-1645204712613.png

And now I have such problem, that I cant build the software (in Release and in Debug mode), i have such error:

MichalZajac_1-1645204885409.png

What is going on? I've buyed BASE version, but i assuming that in BASE version I can still build SW and create exe installers 😄 In trial version everything was OK so this is not lack of some plugins etc.

In LabWindows pricing page, i see that there is difference between BASE and FULL in e.g.: Includes SQL tools for database connectivity.

But in my appcliation i using only .lib files, not SQL Databases

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(927 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MichalZajac

If CVI is trying to link against the SQL Toolkit it means that some reference to it actually exists either in your program or in the IDE.

You must double check not to have any #include of toolkit file and that cvi_db.fp is not included either in the Instrument menu or in the Library menu.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

RobertoBozzolo it seems that you had right!

By using: Library->Customize, ive cut off the cvi_db.fp from "User Libraries"

MichalZajac_0-1646051039699.png

After cut it off, build has been succesfull.

So one more question, what is that library (I mean cvi_db.fp)? What is this library responsible for and when is it used?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(854 Views)

This is the core library for the CVI SQL Toolkit: while that one is missing you cannot build applications that make use of the toolkit. Including the library in the list of user libraries implies every application is linked against it even if it's not actually using any of its functions, thus the error you are facing.

Your problem arose after licensing because the trial version actually is the full edition, while you bought the base licence. which is missing the toolkit (see this comparison table for reference).

If you are not willing to develop applications that interface with a database you may happily live with the base version, otherwise you will need to switch to the full version, since the toolkit cannot be bought separately.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(817 Views)