LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set the same network variable twice

I am trying to share information between a labwindows program and a labview program.  I have network variable containing an array of unsigned char. I created the variable in the labview project and deploy upon application execution.  I can set the the network variable in labwindows fine once and the labview program reads it ok but when i loop through the same code a second time setting the network variable with the same data it does not get set and garbage is received.  I can't figure our where the disconnect is happening.  After setting the network variable in labwindows I read it back and the data is there both times.  And if I create an array at the beginning of the labview program and and set the network variable there instead of labwindows it work fine both times.  Also, I can't see the values of the network variable array in NI Distributed System Manager.  Is that normal?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,088 Views)

"After setting the network variable in labwindows I read it back and the data is there both times."

Can you clarify how exactly it is set up when "the data is there both times"? How is it different from the instance where you can set from LabWindows successfully only on the first run?

How is your network variable being configured, would you be able to send a screenshot of the parameters?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,037 Views)