LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not load panel.(CVI 7.0)

I designed a panel under 1024*768 resolution , but when change the resolution to 800*600 , it shows an error :Library function error :(return value ==-90),The attribute value passed is not valid." , then the error mark stopped on the sentence : LoadPanel(0,"myapp.uir",MAINPANEL); I do not know what is wrong , please give a help . Thanks .

David
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,318 Views)
The screen is to big for the panel! Try the following:

Edit Panel-->Other Attributes--> and select "Scale Contents on resize"
Jattie van der Linde
Engineering Manager, Software & Automation
TEL Magnetic Solutions Ltd
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,318 Views)
I have set this attribute , but even if enlarge it in the edit panel window , it still will popup a message : The passed value is not valid . Is it a CVI7's bug ?

David
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,318 Views)
Sorry, I'm still running 6.0!
Jattie van der Linde
Engineering Manager, Software & Automation
TEL Magnetic Solutions Ltd
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,318 Views)
There is a known bug in CVI 7.0 that causes LoadPanel to return this error when the following is true:

1. You have Scale Contents on Resize enabled
2. The screen resolution in the computer where you're loading the panel is different from the one where you last saved the panel
3. You have an empty table in your panel (i.e. a panel without any rows or columns)

If all of these are true in your case, then this is the problem you've run into. To work around it, you will have to change one of those conditions. The most obvious would be to create at least one column or one row for the table in the UI editor, or if that's not possible, you can create the table programmatically immediately after loading the panel, using the NewCtrl function.

I apologize for the incon
venience.

Luis
NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,318 Views)
Do you have a table control on the panel?
If yes, create and insert a row. After that you will be able to load the
panel.
This is a bug, hpefully it will be removed in the new version.
Lajos

"davidLee" wrote in message
news:506500000005000000BAB30100-1079395200000@exchange.ni.com...
> I have set this attribute , but even if enlarge it in the edit panel
> window , it still will popup a message : The passed value is not valid
> Is it a CVI7's bug ?
>
> David
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,318 Views)
Yes , there is truly a table control in the panel . I'll try to change it as your prompt . Thanks .

David
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,318 Views)
As what your interpret , if it means that I must prepare two different panels to suit for the different screens ? assuming there would be 1024*768 and 1680*1024 resolution. Please give me a detail . Thanks .

David
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,318 Views)
No, I don't think you should do that. You can still leave the resolution adjustment feature enabled, and simply create a row (and/or a column) for the table in the .uir (or just create the table programmatically altogether). This is what I was suggesting.

- luis
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,318 Views)