LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I make a ActiveX to export UIR with CVI?

Using CVI6.0's uir editor,chosing ActiveX,I can easily import a non-CVI uir,such as a canlender,as a part of my uir.
Can CVI ActiveX Server Wizard make a ActiveX server which can export a CVI UIR the way like that?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,823 Views)
The calendar control that you import into CVI is not a UIR but an ActiveX control. CVI allows users to import existing ActiveX controls to the CVI uir. CVI allows you to create ActiveX servers, but you cannot create ActiveX user interface controls with CVI. You can create those using VC++ or Visual Basic.
The ActiveX servers that you create from CVI can have user interfaces associated with them but they are not something you can embed into the ActiveX container that CVI provides.

Hope this explains things.

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
Message 2 of 4
(2,823 Views)
You can export CVI functionality in a ActiveX server which would include the ability to launch dialogs that are CVI panels. However, you cannot make UI components that can be used in other development environments. Those are ActiveX controls, not ActiveX servers. For example,

What you can do:
Make an ActiveX server that has a function which launches a CVI panel as a separate window from any other application.

What you can't do:
Make an ActiveX control that you can drop on a dialog editor in Visual Basic or Visual C++.

For more on the difference between ActiveX servers and ActiveX controls see application note #192.

Best Regards,

Chris Matthews

National Instruments
Message 3 of 4
(2,823 Views)
thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,823 Views)