From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI2020 with Windows 11

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Will CVI2020 work with Windows 11?. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,778 Views)

Hi Kumar_Easwaran,

If you go to the LabWindows/CVI Download - NI page under supported OS list you can check the compatibilities with OS. 

I have attached the screenshot of that list below. 

lhovs_0-1679919661569.png

According to this compatibility list, the answer is no. The LabWindows/CVI doesn't supported by Windows 11. 

Regards)

________

The best way to thank is to give KUDOS / Mark as a solution.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,736 Views)

This is bad news, but fortunately LabWindows/CVI is more tolerant than its documentation with respect to OS releases.

As of my experience CVI2020 works on Win11 without any problem.

And this is a good new, since NI is not planning to update CVI anymore! If this product would not run on Win11 its life would be very short, since support for early versions of Win10 will terminate in less than a year!

Hey NI: are you aware of that? Are you willing to support your customer base someway or are you planning to abandon us as a whole?

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(1,727 Views)

Great question Roberto.

NI, would be great to have some official word of what you intend to do with LabWindows/CVI.  In addition to questions about official Win11 support, for how long will future driver releases support CVI as well?  

Please don't leave us hanging...

Thanks,

alex

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,703 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kumar_Easwaran

Hi,

I have seen windows 11 is supported..

Kumar_Easwaran_0-1681884398229.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,593 Views)

It appears that a new patch for CVI 2020, f3, is available (seen in Package Manager)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,576 Views)

@Wolfgang  ha scritto:

It appears that a new patch for CVI 2020, f3, is available (seen in Package Manager)

...and as usual no info is available in the readme file on which issue it addresses.

After all, did you ever find any clear info on F1 and F2 patches in the readmes? The files you can download are the same and both say nothing about the patch!

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(1,546 Views)

Hi Roberto,

you are basically right with complaints about sparse or lacking documentation, but at least there is a little workaround: in the list of known issues you can see what is fixed by the patches f1 and f2. Hopefully this page will be updated with infos about f3...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,540 Views)

The release notes for the LabWindows 2020 f3 patch shows that this version supports Windows 11:

https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/LabWindows-CVI-2020-f3.html#supportedOSes

Win 11 compatibility information for other NI products can be found here:

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/supplemental/22/ni-product-compatibility-for-microsof...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,283 Views)