From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI has been pronounced as almost dead now

When is the official pronouncement of the death of CVI going to be revealed? I'd also like to know when it's 'official' suggested replacement is going to be announced? (and what that is) Measurement Studio? (Really?.. are you up to date with latest version of Visual Studio?!!  You've never achieved it before!) LabVIEW isn't the viable option.....for software engineers.....Had to laugh at your salespeople saying that the marks for certification for LabVIEW were for comments rather than getting the code right!!! (You have no way of determining if the code is efficient, so you are relying on well commented code in your certification, Really NI.... ??)  So Sad.....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(755 Views)

After using CVI for like 20 years, I started my own company and move away further from active coding.

Then, out of boredom from management activities, I overtook a coding task just for the old time's sake.

We couldn't help but praise the developers of CVI. (We = me and my junior engineers)

Everything is so well fitting and still lots of room to grow. 

I still love CVI even after being butchered by the latest version.

If NI put into CVI the same manpower **bleep** put into LV, we wouldn't have Visual Studio in instrumentation today.

I would hate seeing it go. 

S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(730 Views)