LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUILDING INSTALLATION KIT

I am tryiing to buid a installation kit in CVI LAbwindows which uses NIXNET card to communicate with a hardware unit. What are the drivers needed to build the application. I have NIMAX 5.5, labwindows 2012. When i try to select the manage distribuutions> Advanced settings> and try enabling the import automatically, its not getting enabled. So i export it manually specifying the drivers and COM ports. Its sucessfully build. Then i tried installing the setup file in the same laptop. INstalled successfully, restarted the laptop, get the message saying import wizard with NI MAX failed automatically. DO it manually. that also failed and got an error report. What am i doing wrong. Is it because some drivers are not installed ?

Errpr report

Date: 5/12/2015 12:07:15 PM
User: kfarkas_2

MAX version: 5.3.3

Importing...
========
NI-DAQmx 9.5:
cDAQ-9178: "cDAQ2"
NI 9223: "cDAQ2Mod1"
NI 9223: "cDAQ2Mod3"
NI 9213: "cDAQ2Mod5"
cDAQ-9178: "cDAQ1"
Internal Software Error occurred in MIG software. Please contact National Instruments Support.

*** Import FAILED ***
NI-DAQmx 9.5: error code 0x80004005

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,091 Views)

There were several products mentioned there, so it's a bit difficult to grasp based on the description.  Have you tried deploying the distribution kit to a computer besides the development computer?  In general, it's not recommended to run an installer for something on a computer on which it already exists since all the drivers, etc. might install twice and run into issues.

I'm not sure what your XNET hardware is, but maybe you can search for drivers on this page?

https://www.ni.com/en/support/downloads/drivers/download.ni-xnet.html

If you're seeing an issue with MAX, you could try resetting the MAX database:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8awSAC&l=en-US

Michael Keane
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(4,041 Views)