Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application hangs even when it is not doing any acquisition

CVI 7.0
Windows XP
NIDAQ 7.1
PCI-E6052

Once I have started my application, I initialize my DAQ board with the traditional DAQ functions and leaving the application running with the RunUserInterface the application is not responding after a while. The time between the starting of the application and the hanging is not fixed (could be 20 minutes or 1 day). I have reinstalled the drivers again because at the beginning I was working with NI-DAQ 6.9.1. In my system I have only this DAQ board and another PCI board to have a second serial bus. I have check with the debugger of CVI, but I didn't see any relevant information. I don't know from where could come the error. Please if somebody could help me or give me
some tips to try to debug further.

Thanks,

Josue
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,864 Views)
Hello Josue,

try to defragment your fixed hard disk and try it again. How big is your file/application? May be you don't have enough memory. If you won't solve this problem, mention please your operating system (Win2000 or XP)and which driver you use NI-DAQ 7.2? Best luck

TN
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,864 Views)
Hi TN,
I've tried to defragment the hard disk, but I didn't solve the problem. The application is only 4MB and I don't think that I have problems with the memory, because I still have 2GB free space on the harddisk and I'm using a computer with enough memory. The OS used is Windows XP and the driver is NI-DAQ 7.1. I'm using another PCI card to have an extra serial bus, do you think that this card could be a problem? could be something with the interrupts of both cards if they have to sharre the PCI bus?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,864 Views)
Hello,

you can try to upgrade NI-DAQ to 6.9.3. If this step won't solve the problem, so please write me the functions which you use.

TN
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,864 Views)