cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcement: LabWindows™/CVI™ 2017 Release

LabWindows/CVI 2017
Fast Development. Faster Innovation.
cvi_screen.png

LabWindows/CVI 2017 continues a 30-year legacy of providing the world’s most efficient ANSI C development environment for scientists and engineers with features to allow faster development, quicker debugging, and greater insight into code functionality.

This version of CVI features the addition of thread-specific breakpoints – allowing breakpoints to break on only specific threads. Thread-specific breakpoints simplify the debugging of multi-threaded applications by allowing developers to focus on one thread of execution at a time. In addition, LabWindows/CVI 2017 features tracepoints that allow developers to set custom functionality or write debug output to the console instead of debugging. Tracepoints make debugging applications that need to run at full-speed even easier.

LabWindows/CVI 2017 features a new UI Event Logger that gives developers information about what events will be triggered when users interact with the user interface. LabWindows/CVI users can specify which UI events should be logged for future debugging and analysis.

These features, combined with over 30 bug fixes since LabWindows/CVI 2015 SP1, make LabWindows/CVI 2017 the most stable and productive version of LabWindows/CVI ever made.

To learn more about what's new in LabWindows/CVI 2017, visit ni.com/lwcvi/whats-new

To download a copy of LabWindows/CVI 2017, visit ni.com/lwcvi/download

To purchase LabWindows/CVI 2017, visit ni.com/lwcvi/buy

Collin D.
Software Product Manager
Message 1 of 16
(8,220 Views)

Thanks Smiley Happy

Right now the NI web site http://www.ni.com/lwcvi/whats-new/ suggests to download CVI2017 SP1 - I think this is a cut & paste error... Smiley Wink

Also, the site http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/6609/en/ misses the current release notes

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(8,158 Views)

@Wolfgang wrote:

Right now the NI web site http://www.ni.com/lwcvi/whats-new/ suggests to download CVI2017 SP1 - I think this is a cut & paste error... Smiley Wink

You are so lucky! Till now the Italian version of that page still refers to 2015! Smiley Surprised

Smiley Very Happy

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(8,150 Views)

Yes, its the same for me : the French version of that page refers to CVI 2015 !

Alain

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(8,141 Views)

Thank you all for the feedback!

Yes, it was a copy and paste error - we have fixed it to say "2017" instead of "2017 SP1". We're just so eager to release new versions! Smiley LOL

The localized versions (French and Italian) for the site usually take a little longer (3 weeks or so) to create. We're working on those now and they should be updated shortly. In the meantime, the 2015 link still brings you to the LabWindows/CVI downloads, of which, the first should be LabWindows/CVI 2017. If you run into any issues, feel free to visit this link to download it directly:

Download LabWindows/CVI 2017

Thanks again! Looking forward to any and all feedback on this latest version.

Collin D.
Software Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(8,118 Views)

Hey Wolfgang,

I just updated the release information page - you can find the release notes here.

Have a nice weekend!

Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(8,083 Views)

I have another hint Smiley Wink On the page http://www.ni.com/lwcvi/whats-new/ one also could update the table "Features since Version 9". In addition, this table mentions 'support of Windows 8.1', but Windows 10 in this table is still missing...

My serious comment is on your announcement text that with over 30 bug fixes LabWindows/CVI 2017 is the most stable version ever made. Since the list of known issues still lists more than 300 bugs (not to mention the issues tracked only internally) I really would appreciate it if this number could be significantly reduced, I am still plagued by some of them. Why not aim to reduce this number to 200 with your next SP? Then I would much more comfortably agree with your statement of the most stable version Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 16
(7,883 Views)

Are there any compatibility issues with using LabWindows/CVI 2017 to develop applications for Windows XP, Service Pack 2 or 3?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(7,093 Views)

LabWindows/CVI 2017 dropped the support for XP - see here

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

-------------------------------------------
Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(7,079 Views)

Your link is broken.  Could I develop the application in 2017 and then build it in 2013 so it runs on XP, or will that mess up the .uir files or something?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(7,061 Views)