LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding vendor library to project

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to import a vendor library into a project.  What is the best way to do this?

From reading through NI's whitepapers, it looks like I can add a DLL to a project directly or generate a DLL import library from a vendor's include file (.h) and add that to my project.

In my case, I am trying to add the TotalPhase aardvark API to my project https://www.totalphase.com/products/aardvark-software-api/

Here is what I did.  I added the include file (aardvark.h) to my project, opened the file, clicking Options >> Generate DLL Import Library, browsed to the DLL file (aardvark.dll), and clicked Select.  Once the import finishes, I am greeted with a message box saying multiple symbols were not found from the header file.

Example: Symbol "aa_find_devices" from header "aardvark.h" was not found.

Does anyone know why I might be seeing this?  What am I missing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(899 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BigApple0

Hello,

it means simply that some functions exported by the DLL are not listed in the header file. If you don't need those functions, then you are good to go, just add the .lib to your project and compile.

On the other hand if you _need_ those functions, you can still call them from your code if you know their exact calling syntax.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(837 Views)