LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARDUINO/LABWINDOWS CVI 2017

Heloo!  I want to talk to a microcontroller to tell him when to control an engine (support that carries a camera) using the ARDUINO card under LABWINDOWS; However, I have never done this task and I am new in using this software. I am curious to know if there are some precautions to take into account to choose features that are advantageous for LabWindows as interface / function , manipulation ..,. Are there any developers with this type of experience who could have ideas and who could help me ??? thks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,398 Views)

I am working on the same issue. The labwindows RS232 serial library work as it is. Use that, start with the examples in cvi. The next thing is the ethernet shield. Installed it with a server library and want to use a cvi client to access it. However this communication needs encripted security that is not available in labwin as a pretty fp, so implemented a tiny crypto that can run on arduino and PC: using bare bones MD5 hashing and the simplest XOR encryption with single use password tables that are also used for authentication. The only issue I have is that the ip packets I am trying to use are in text/ascii based format and my conversion protocol is lousy, my encypted buffers ocassionall have string terminating values... somehow I have a mental block to handle the issue... But this will do what I need, provides a good enough security for a Local Area Network communication and will reastrict the access to the controller and client, keep the prying eyes from the data from and to my bioreactor.

Now I have to integrate the server on arduino with the client libraries. If it works, I will compile an fp and upload it for further improvement by those more knowledgeble than I.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,370 Views)