From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wolfgang

polar plots

It has been discussed a few times in the forum so it might be appropriate to also ask here for the implementation of a native polar plot, i.e. plot r versus theta, with radial grid lines and all the corresponding ingredients.

4 Comments
LuisG
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Steve D.
I support the idea of adding a native polar plot. I have two projects where this would be directly beneficial. However, as Wolfgang states, all the other supporting functions must be there as well: Radial cursors, zoom and pan, etc.
gdargaud
Active Participant

And while you are at it, why not polar plot strip charts: radars in other words ! I could certainly have used that on several past projects.

SolverOfTheProblem

I would also appreciate a polar plot. Because there are many problems when you need one. Radar, form measurement of cylinder and rings, antenna calibrations ...etc. And if there would be a courser included would be great. At the moment i would be thankful to have a polar plot, because i have to plot roundness deviations vs. angle. Seems that i have to use a canvas or use gnuplot for it 😞

I'm looking forward to see hopefully a polar plot in the next release of LabWindows/CVI 😉