LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wolfgang

enable subscript and superscript in UI text messages

When designing a UI it is sometimes necessary to have text composed of indices and superscripts, e.g. R^2, chi^2, ...

Right now this can be accomplished only by using several texts in different sizes and by manually aligning these text fragments. This is quite tedious Smiley Sad

Hence I would suggest permitting simple control sequences to automatically have text parts in superscript, subscript, italics and bold within the very same text message (possibly similar to HTML)

6 Comments
LuisG
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration

yenknip
Active Participant

Duplicate

oh, well,

it may not be a unique suggestion, and I did not claim it to be inventive either, but at least it is unique for LabWindows/CVI...

Actually I don't care if the feature exists (or has been suggested) for LabVIEW because I'm using LabWindows/CVI...Smiley Wink

yenknip
Active Participant

Oooooh, didn't notice it was LW/CVI; I was going to post the other idea post in the Lonely Orphans thread, and found this one in my searches.

This suggestion is particularly important for table controls where column labels etc. can not be manually assembled from two separate text fragments

hapiest

With Labwindows CVI, I would like to know if it is possible to write a text which contains indices.

For example consider writing message Ipkpk, where pkpk is written as an indice, like the code I_{pkpk} of Latex).

Best regards,