LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveD123

Test New CVI Versions with ALL the add-on toolkits & modules

My CVI application started to generate linker errors immediately after I upgraded from CVI 2012 to CVI 2013. A number of other people have reported exactly the same problem, with the linker unable to resolve symbols found in IMAQdx or nivision.

This means that the final release of the new version of CVI cannot have been tested when using the image acquisition or image processing add-ons.

I suggest that, in future, new versions of all tools are subjected to automatic regression tests against the examples distributed by National Instruments before release. Because it obviously doesn't happen now.

5 Comments
fscheider

I agree!

romulo

this should be mandatory, it is not possible to release VDM 2013 and not work for CVI 2013

Visionist

This problem exits for almost a year now, and I reported it with a services request towards NI, when CVI2013 was released in August 2013. They found no solution to compile and run their own programming examples using imaqDX calls, ridiculous and unbelievable, but true. The QA and support by NI is unacceptable. The advice given was to use cvi2012SP1 until the bug is found, I'm still waiting...

Johannes_T
Active Participant

Hello SteveD123!

I would like to get some background on the incompatibility issue that you are experiencing:

What release of Device Drivers were you using when you upgraded to LabWindows/CVI 2013?

Have you reported the incompatibility issue to NI Support or to the Community, explaining the exact link errors that you encountered?

Best regards!

- Johannes

rmzi

I have link errors with CVI 2013 :

error: Undefined symbol '_LFICHINI_RechercheLigne@0' referenced in "...\Debug\DIO.obj".
Can anyone help me, the same project works fine with CVI 2010