From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertoBozzolo

Table editor: add up/down keys to row/col selectors

Following this idea already implemented, it could be good to add up/down keys to rows and columns selectors.

At present, if the table is in hot or normal mode you can click on a cell in the table preview in the Quick Edit window to select the corresponding row/column: going to editing them is made easy this way. However, if the table is in indicator mode you cannot click on the cella to select row and column. The same applies if you want to reach a column/row out of visible area of the table: the only solution to that is to double click on the column or row selector and type in the number you want. Not easy  nor fast, and prone to errors. Much better to click on a button and increment / decrement the active column index

I'm thinking to something like that:

TableRowColSelectors.png

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
Trusted Enthusiast

If I may suggest a little modification... Smiley Wink

It may be more intuitive to have up/down arrows for the row selector and left/right arrows for the column selector. This then would also allow to add both pairs of arrows to the cell selector without causing confusion Smiley Happy