LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
40tude2

Source code editor : highlight search results + implement ALT+Up/Down arrow (move lines) and others ideas

CTRL+Q should highlight all instances of the results in the editor

Same thing with CTRL+F

This is similar to Notepad++ for example

I find the ALT+UP ARROW and ALT+DOWN ARROW of Visual Studio 2013 quite useful (move selected lines)

Please, implement CTRL + L to delete a line

I know the short cut is already owned by "go to line" but my current macro is not that good 😞

It seems macros are not working in the editor while debugging a code.

Could be usefull.

Will be mandatory if one day the "Comment multiple lines" is implemeted using a macro 🙂

Best regards, Philippe

3 Comments
RobertoBozzolo
Proven Zealot

With reference to your suggestion for Ctrl+L, please note that shortcut keys can be reassigned with Options >> Change shotcut keys menu function. In particular, in Miscellaneous section you can find Cut Line to Clipboard option that you can change as you want. I don't remember which is the default assignment: I have changed it to Ctrl+Y for historical reasons when it changed in one version upgrade (I seem to remember it was in CVI8.5).

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Thanks a lot for the CTRL+L and/or CTRL+Y (have you been using Wordstar under DOS as well ? Smiley LOL). I deleted my macro and find "my" CTRL+L.

By the way do you know if one created a shortkey file (kbs) which would make CVI acting as Visual Studio? I'm pretty sure the CVI team must have this issue while navigating between both environments.

I'm always lost between the CTRL+F7, F5, SHIFT+F5 etc...

uriyal

Highlighting searched text is a great idea. you have to implement this.