LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wolfgang

Save window position of Array Display

Debugging code involving arrays is complicated by the facts that

1. In order to view a value from an array one has to press first Shift F7 and then F4: one key press would be simpler Smiley Wink Right now only graphical array view has its one click shortcut...
  2. Every time I restart the program I have to reposition the array display window to a place where it does not overlap with source code window, variable window,... It would be much more convenient if the window position of Array Display could also be saved such that in the next run and pressing Shift F7, F4 the window would be usable immediately, without the need to reposition it

Thanks!

4 Comments
Wolfgang
Trusted Enthusiast

In addition to that I'd like to suggest to also remember/save the number format. Right now in every new run the number format is reset to its default value (e.g. floating point for numeric). I'd prefer that if I select 'scientific' the array display will remember this setting.

Thanks

Wolfgang
Trusted Enthusiast

Although it is seven years since my suggestion and hope is almost gone (status is still new) - it still would be most welcome to have a variable / array view that remembers its settings - the default with two digits of precision frequently is not sufficient, and also quite frequently I have to change from floating to scientific format, unfortunately one has to do this for every variable again and again

scottrod

Yes please on the above suggestion.

RavensFan
Knight of NI

scottrod,

If you like the suggestion, then you should click on the star to give it your Kudo.  Just saying yes in a message is not the same as actually voting for it.

You've been around long enough to know how the Idea Exchanges worrk.