LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K_Joy

Put the X on the tab it goes with.

Hi K_Joy,

Thank you for the idea! This has been implemented in the latest version of LabWindows/CVI, LabWindows/CVI 2017. Feel free to go download and try out the feature: http://www.ni.com/download/labwindowscvi-full-development-system-2017/6617/en/

Thank you again for the idea - we look forward to hearing more from you!

Regards,

This X just closes out of the tab that is on top.

CVI window.PNG

Pretty much every other program with tabs has the X on the tab you’re closing out of. The current placement makes me hesitate every time, because it feels like you’re X-ing out of the entire code-viewing pane, not just the single file you want to close.

It’s also not consistent with the rest of the environment.

For example, in the pane on the bottom in the screenshot above, “Threads” and “Wa tch” look like two tabs, but clicking the X in that pane causes the entire pane to disappear rather than just closing the tab that is on top.

14 Comments
gdargaud
Active Participant

Bah, bad ideas spreading. Then when you have lots of files opened, they all appear like they are named [x]...

TheNIDragon
NI Employee (retired)

Hi gdargaud,

I'm sorry if this feature looks like it will cause you any development pain. I believe everyone's interest is in better understanding what they're actually closing. If it gives you any more confidence, we will keep the file name visible instead of covering it up with the [x], much like you see in other products like Notepad++:

notepadicons.png

Collin D.
Software Product Manager
gdargaud
Active Participant

It's OK, I prefer the 'Classic View' anyway  😉

TheNIDragon
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Completed

Hi K_Joy,

Thank you for the idea! This has been implemented in the latest version of LabWindows/CVI, LabWindows/CVI 2017. Feel free to go download and try out the feature: http://www.ni.com/download/labwindowscvi-full-development-system-2017/6617/en/

Thank you again for the idea - we look forward to hearing more from you!

Regards,

Collin D.
Software Product Manager