LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertoBozzolo

Preview in NIReport

Those are both very good suggestions and, at some point, CVI will have much better report generation tools than it does today. But that will almost certainly not be nireport.fp. Given that, any future enhancements of nireport.fp are very unlikely.

A feature that is still missing in NIReport is the ability to show a preview on screen of the generated report.

This feature could help very much the developer in designing the report without the immense wasting of paper that its lack implies. Moreover, customers are more and more requiring this feature to check reports before actual printing them, especially in applications where reports can be tailored some way to adapt to customers requirements.

Both reasons prevent me at present to use NIReport,

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
Trusted Enthusiast

if I may add: it would be nice if the nireport instrument driver would also work on 64 bit systems

LuisG
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined
Those are both very good suggestions and, at some point, CVI will have much better report generation tools than it does today. But that will almost certainly not be nireport.fp. Given that, any future enhancements of nireport.fp are very unlikely.
NoVIsonme

Is this a case where one product family is obstructing another? My current employer is using Diadem for reporting, at considerable cost. In the past I've mostly just exported to Excel. Although Diadem is quite powerful (though has a slightly steep learning curve) I'm sure that a lot of us would jump at the chance to ditch it in favour of a CVI package solution. Does NI want to 'bite its nose to spite its face'? (olde English saying).

RobertoBozzolo
Proven Zealot

Persons who are interested in this suggestion should consider it has been declined.

Nevertheless, they are likely to be interested in this other idea and support it: Add a serious report printing tool to CVI!

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community