From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyVerwer

OPC UA

Network Variables currently provide support for OPC DA. However, the industry has been moving from OPC DA to OPC UA (Unified Architecture). The reasons for this are many, but mainly based on security and ease of use. Surveys over the last couple of years show that there are now more devices and applications being produced with OPC UA support than DA support. I have enquired whether NI are planning to support UA technology, but it seems that this is not in the pipe line.

There are solutions available (open62541, for example) that may provide a solution. Does anyone have any experience with using this solution with CVI?

I am looki

1 Comment
RobertoBozzolo
Proven Zealot

This sounds as a question rather than a product suggestion. I suggest you to look into CVI forum board, where some threads on OPC UA and open62541 can be found, and comment/post there if you have specific questions.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community