From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertoBozzolo

Ability to hide the User Interface and Attribute browser boxes

Starting from CVI2010, the User Interface Browser and the Attribute Browser are both located on the right of the UIR editor in the Workspace window.

I'd like to be able to hide these windows when required: when working on small screens like when you use a laptop these windows occupy a lot of space even if you reduce their size at the minimum.

In addition, the ability to choose which window to display on the bottom left could be a good option: up to version 2009 the bottom left side of the workspace window switched between the library tree (source editor) and the attribute browser (UIR editor).

Ideally, while in the UIR editor I would like to be able to:

• Choose whether to show some window on the right side or not
  • In case nothing is shown on the right, choose whether to have the attribute browser, the library tree or the user interface browser in the bottom left angle

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi Roberto,

You're right, the possibility to place windows freely is missing, since a looooong time, see here Smiley Happy

But I second your suggestion to add the Attribute Browser to the Window menu

tstanley
Active Participant

Good suggestion.  In addition, it would be nice to have access to the User Interface Browser/Attribute Browser on windows that are not confined to the main IDE window.  Currently they disappear when the "Release Window" option is used (though this currently does make it easier on small laptop screens Smiley Happy).

RobertoBozzolo
Proven Zealot

@wolfgang: I had searched the board but did missed your suggestion: guess I used wronk search terns Smiley Wink Kudos to your suggestion!

@tstanley: I did not realized that an unconfined UIR editor window does not show rightmost sections. It is to be said that I never release windows as I am comfortable with the ability to switch from one tab to another with Ctrl+Tab or Ctrl+X keyboard shortcuts: after releasing the UIR editor window I can only jump to it via a much slover menu option. It's a matter of usability and personal habits, I guess.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community