From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z^n-1 delay

Solved!
Go to solution

Pls help me,i am struck here.

In the attached pic,i have encircled a tool which is mentioned in my docu as a delay that "converted value into integer is to be subracted from its own delayed value"

I could not find this tool in labview,i spent really a lot of time here.

Pls someone who knows this,help me out.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,465 Views)

LabVIEW has a Control and Simulation Toolkit -- might this Transport Delay be part of it?  [I've not seriously used this, but I think one of my students made a Simulink-like model with it].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,444 Views)

Hit Ctrl+H to get context help.  Then hover your mouse over it.  That will tell you the name of it.

Right-click to get the functions palette.  Hit the magnifying glass for the search.  Type the name in.  That'll tell you where it is.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,435 Views)
The pic I have shared is from the docu,the software is lost so I am redoing it
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,431 Views)

@krupa wrote:
[...],the software is lost so I am redoing it

This is exactly one use case for source management (control) tools. Consider using one this time....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,426 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author krupa

The functions encircled is part of the Digital Filter Design Toolkit, which has to be installed separate. That is probably the reason you can't find in your version of LabVIEW. This toolkit is part of the Advanced Signal Processsing Toolkit and, depending of the type of LabVIEW you have, you just need to install it and its license will enable it.

dfdt.png

However, keep in mind that, if you are not changing the delay with the VI is running and you don't need to access its states, you can use a 'shift register' or the 'feedback node' function of LabVIEW to apply a delay in the line. Also, the Control Design and Simulation Function has a 'transport delay' operation that would similate the continuous delay (also has discrete delay too).

dfdt2.png

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
Message 6 of 12
(4,394 Views)

Thanks a ton!!

I do have it installed already,just using it now 🙂 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,367 Views)

Hello Mr.Barp,

Pls let me know if you know any of this.

In the attachment,i have encircled the tools that i do not find in the toolbox.

1.For the Control loop_express VI.jpg,in the docu the encircled tool is mentioned as control loop express vi,but as such i do not find such tool.

2.For the current express vi.jpg,in the docu the encircled tool is mentioned as a current express vi.I found the tool but it is not accepting the cluster input having +/- 2000.Pls let me know on this.

3a.For the graph or chart.jpg,is in mentioned that its a graph which is stacked but as such stacking is possible with chart as i do not see any extra code for the graph stacking.

3b.The Force & Torque,Velcity & Acc are custered,also used as graphs.I really do not understand how to do this.

Pls help me out. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,321 Views)

Now you are missing NI Softmotion and LabVIEW FPGA on your system. If you have it installed, then you just need to be targeted' to FPGA because those VIs only will show under those targets.

Then, for the cluster question, please look at this tutorial first: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7571/en/ This is required for you to start developing anything in LabVIEW.

For stacking graphs, just right click on the 'Chart' and choose 'stack plot'. Notice that this doesn't exist on Waveform Graphs or XY Graphs. If you don't find the option, you most likely don't have a chart.

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,269 Views)

Thanks again

I do have softmotion installed and targeted properly.

I still do not see the tool.

.......................................................................................................

After Editing:

I guess its 3 Phase PLL under Conrtol in FPGA Math & Analysis.

Thanks much.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,255 Views)