LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xy graph and application performance

Hello everyone,
In my application im using an xy graph to plot data aquired at 200Hz, which is transmitted to my PC from a RT application. Im plotting upto nine data sets whith each having approximately 24000 points of data. The screen update is ok (but not great) im my current application, since its doing a number of other things.
I now need to obtain data at 100Hz for 1.75hrs and perform this 96 times (which would equate to 96 plots of 630000 points!!) I have decided to programically clear the chart at the completion of every 9 phases but I still feel that the update rate on my screen will be affected severely due to the large number of points and perhaps even lock the program and not allow any user interface.
Apart from plotting less points, is there anything I can do to improve screen update rate performance?
Im running on WinXP, P4 2.4Ghz, 512MB ram, and 128MB video card.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,464 Views)
This is a recurring situation !
I think you will find an answer in the discussion here
CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,452 Views)
are you using a chart or graph? chart has a default history length of 1024 points, which means for every channel there can only be max 1024 points displayed at any moment. The graph however, displays whatever is passed over,which could mean very large data set.

-Joe
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,435 Views)