LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xnet database from txt file

I have a CAN database in a .txt format.  I used access and excel to map it to a .xml file.  When I try to add it to the NI-XNET Database Editor in the Manage NI-XNET databases and add alias  it give me the error: x BFF63081.  How can I take a .txt file database and convert it to a NI-XNET database?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,828 Views)

Did you check here?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/085372E2D09158C3862579A6004ECAAF

When you get an error code like that the first thing you should always do is try looking it up. This was the first result in Google for "0xBFF63081".

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,818 Views)

Post your file.  If it is something custom it will need to have custom code written for it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,811 Views)

It's proprietary CAN messages.  I can't upload it.  I ended up just going into the NI-XNET database editor and created one by transfering the info over manually. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,808 Views)

I think the common formats that XNET support are CANdb and FIBEX files (amongst others...e.g. for Flexray). I think FIBEX is the name. A CANdb file is essentially just a text file so maybe you can parse out the messages fairly easily that way. FIBEX files are the file format that LabVIEW creates when you edit/create an XNET database from their user interface.

If you don't want to use either of those formats, then you need to parse the text file in LabVIEW and use it to manually create the XNET signals/database. You can create a :memory: database, populate it with a cluster and then populate that with signals using data from your text file.

In the LabVIEW examples under Hardware Input and Output >> CAN >> NI-XNET >> Databases are some examples of manipulating an XNET database so that should point you in the right direction of which VIs you need to use.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,801 Views)