LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xlib "sequence lost" with matrox video card

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to run labivew (8.2) tools (such as nispy) on a system running linux redhat 4 (2.6.9 kernel) with a Matrox P690 video card installed.

Initially I had a problem with libvlrt not being able to run because the symbol _glapi_get_context is not found. By loading an alternate combination of the openGL and Mesa libraries I can get it to not complain about the symbol, but then the application crashes out with..

Xlib: sequence lost (0x10000 > 0x6b) in reply type 0x8!
(null)X Error of failed request: 0
Major opcode of failed request: 0 ()
Serial number of failed request: 0
Current serial number in output stream: 107

If I use an NVidia video card or start under a VNC session, then I don't have the problem, so it looks like there is a compatibility issue with the Matrox driver. I have the latest Matrox driver.

Has anyone else experienced this or something similar and found a solution?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,373 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rpoffen
Hi rpoffen,

Looks like this is a different flavor of this forum post. Let's get some versioning information out of the way. What version of openGL and Mesa libraries, Matrox drivers are you using? I doubt that we have a Matrox video card around here to test with, but I will look around...
Joshua B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,355 Views)

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for replying. I think the problem is solved. The Mesa library is the one that comes with National Instruments. The GL library was the one that came from NI also in the patchlib directory. This seems to not work with the Matrox driver. If I use the Matrox GL library (listed as libGL.so.1.3.0), then the symbol _glapi_get_context not found.

I found (on this board) references to an LVMesa library which does not require this symbol. Building this and installing it in place of libOSMesa.4.0 seems to work OK. We are continuing to test with other systems.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,350 Views)