LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xcontrol abort button

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello , I'm programming a test machine to test a certain circuit board, so that workers in a particular plant will use it , the problem is most of the workers in the plant are old people and they are having hard time starting and stopping the program due to the small buttons in the toolbar , 

I already managed to have a big and visible start button to run the program using x control , but I'm struggling to do the same for the abort button , can anyone help ?

thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(970 Views)

Why on earth would you use an XControl for that?

That could be a simple control, just like any other control. What value would an XControl add?

Please explain how (and why) you used an XControl to make a start button first...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(967 Views)

i want to be able to run the program every time you press start button thats why i used xcontrol,

anyway my question is about the stop abort button not the start !!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(960 Views)

@aasaleh024 wrote:

i want to be able to run the program every time you press start button thats why i used xcontrol,

Using an xcontrol to start a program is incorrect. Using an xcontrol to abort a Vi is also incorrect. Two wrongs don't make a right! Did you even read the thread where that xcontrol is discussed?

As has been discussed many times, your program needs to be a simple state machine that runs when opened and goes into an idle state until changed by whatever button on the front panel is operated (run certain task, go back to idle, close, etc.).

If your users are easily confused, having the VI in edit mode at any stage of the program is confusing and wrong!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(947 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author aasaleh024

@aasaleh024 wrote:

You should have an event structure.

The event structure should be in a while loop.

Put a button on the Front Panel.

Add a Value Change Event.

In the Stop Value Change event, the stop of the while loop becomes true.

I just don't see at all how an XControl would help. In fact, I don't see how it will significantly complicate things. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(946 Views)