From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xbee

hi all... i m  using xbee with labview and arduino..i want to ask if the xbee able to receive data from arduino analog read (temperature and humidity) and at the same time control the cooling fan by labview with digital pin..thx for help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,061 Views)

It's possible, but you have to code your Arduino to talk to to the xbee. Arduino cannot be programmed in LabVIEW, hence any queries need to be directed to an arduino forum.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,041 Views)

what is the result if i use xbee??...is it only ll receive data from analog read or ll only control the digital write?..

r u use xbee before??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,026 Views)

@mesutozil wrote:

what is the result if i use xbee??...is it only ll receive data from analog read or ll only control the digital write?..

r u use xbee before??

Those are letters not words.  Also there is this.

Post what code you've tried but as mentioned before you will need to edit the sketch that goes on the Arduino to support these features.

Message 4 of 9
(3,018 Views)

@ToeCutter wrote:

Arduino cannot be programmed in LabVIEW

Not quite true.

LIFA (LabVIEW Interface to Arduino)

supplanted by LINX

I have used LIFA for simple control of the Arduino Uno's DIO pins.

@ToeCutter wrote:

any queries need to be directed to an arduino forum.

Good advice.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,006 Views)

It may feel like you are programming the Arduino via LINX, but in reality the arduino is running some fixed function code (not written in LabVIEW) and you are commanding it via serial commands sent from LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,972 Views)

@ToeCutter wrote:

It may feel like you are programming the Arduino via LINX, but in reality the arduino is running some fixed function code (not written in LabVIEW) and you are commanding it via serial commands sent from LabVIEW.

That is true. The Arduino becomes another piece of test equipment, and the LabVIEW software is commanding it.

Isn't that what we do with LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,953 Views)

nyc wrote:

That's not what everyone does with LabVIEW.  Many people design applications around embedded RIO devices like cRIO, myRIO, and R series devices.  Then there's also real-time which can be a dedicated desktop, or PXI controller.  It isn't crazy to think that you could develop LabVIEW code and have it run on an embedded device.  I have heard of a company that specializes in developing code in LabVIEW, then using the C generated to create text equivalent code, then put that on micros.  I suspect it doesn't work too well but have never tried it myself.

Message 8 of 9
(2,949 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

nyc wrote:

That's not what everyone does with LabVIEW.  Many people design applications around embedded RIO devices like cRIO, myRIO, and R series devices.  Then there's also real-time which can be a dedicated desktop, or PXI controller.  It isn't crazy to think that you could develop LabVIEW code and have it run on an embedded device.  I have heard of a company that specializes in developing code in LabVIEW, then using the C generated to create text equivalent code, then put that on micros.  I suspect it doesn't work too well but have never tried it myself.

And I did not say that was the only thing we did with LabVIEW.

But it applies to the OP's current project.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,940 Views)