From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x seconds of data every y seconds

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I was wondering how can i save for example x seconds of data every y seconds? At the moment i can save x seconds of data every x seconds but i cannot control the saving time and i need more flexibility.

Thank you in advance,

Frederic.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,540 Views)

Show the VI you've created so far.  It would be much easier for us to then suggest how you can modify it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,532 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,514 Views)
Solution
Accepted by fredericb

I changed the way you were doing your time and made it a little more simple. You now have a wait time and an acquisition time. I have an indicatior that shows when you are saving and when you are not. Let me know what you think.

Tim
GHSP
Message 4 of 7
(2,506 Views)

Thank you Tim. I'm annoyed with myself as i was so nearly there but couldn't figure it out on my own. Anyway.. Thanks again.

Fred

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,496 Views)

That is what we are here for to help each other out and to be able to get a fresh pair of eyes on the problem.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,494 Views)

Hi,

It may be intentional, however it looks like there is a scenario where by when "Saving" boolean is false the data is thrown away.  This is a particular problem as it may also be racey alongside the timestamp interval.  The easy fix is to concatonate the data in the false case and store it in a shift reg / feedback node so as the data is not lost untill the true case is read.  At which point it re-sets the concatonated data array to 0 and off we go again!

Craig

LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,489 Views)