cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x seconds of data every y seconds

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I was wondering how can i save for example x seconds of data every y seconds? At the moment i can save x seconds of data every x seconds but i cannot control the saving time and i need more flexibility.

Thank you in advance,

Frederic.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,533 Views)

Show the VI you've created so far.  It would be much easier for us to then suggest how you can modify it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,525 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,507 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fredericb

I changed the way you were doing your time and made it a little more simple. You now have a wait time and an acquisition time. I have an indicatior that shows when you are saving and when you are not. Let me know what you think.

Tim
GHSP
Message 4 of 7
(2,499 Views)

Thank you Tim. I'm annoyed with myself as i was so nearly there but couldn't figure it out on my own. Anyway.. Thanks again.

Fred

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,489 Views)

That is what we are here for to help each other out and to be able to get a fresh pair of eyes on the problem.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,487 Views)

Hi,

It may be intentional, however it looks like there is a scenario where by when "Saving" boolean is false the data is thrown away.  This is a particular problem as it may also be racey alongside the timestamp interval.  The easy fix is to concatonate the data in the false case and store it in a shift reg / feedback node so as the data is not lost untill the true case is read.  At which point it re-sets the concatonated data array to 0 and off we go again!

Craig

LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,482 Views)