LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x axis time scale

Greetings,

I have been trying to plot strain gauge data on a waveform graph. While doing so on the graph I want the scale on the x-axis(time) to start from 0 and progress along with time with a fixed time frame.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,176 Views)

Hi saiprakash,

@saiprakash13169 wrote:

I have been trying to plot strain gauge data on a waveform graph. While doing so on the graph I want the scale on the x-axis(time) to start from 0 and progress along with time with a fixed time frame.

So what have you tried? Did you encounter any problems?

Mind to attach your VI?

How did you configure your graph?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,168 Views)

Hello,

The problem that I'm encountering is that when I run the VI on either side of the x-axis(time) I find random numbers which keep on changing.

I do not find this issue while I was using DAQ Express. I could easily get the plot and also FFT of the same. I'm not sure where I went wrong while using LabView. I'm new to this please don't mind if I did something that doesn't make sense.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,158 Views)

Hi saiprakash,

did you take all those Training resources as offered in the header of the LabVIEW board to learn the LabVIEW basics?

@saiprakash13169 wrote:

The problem that I'm encountering is that when I run the VI on either side of the x-axis(time) I find random numbers which keep on changing.

Those numbers are NOT "random", they are exactly like they should be!

You are using charts, which might be fine to display the signal from your DAQAssistent.

But I think it is the wrong display for a FFT result! Use a graph to display the FFT data:

You also should learn to use the advantages of the waveform datatype in LabVIEW: it includes timing information (t0, dt), which is used gy graphs to display the x scale correctly…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,131 Views)

Hello,

No, I haven't taken any training resources offered. Would you mind suggesting to me a reliable source that you think is the best way to learn LabView!

Thanks in advance

Sai Prakash.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,091 Views)

Hi saiprakash,

as written: Take those "Training resources" as offered in the header of the LabVIEW board!

See here:

GerdW_0-1616137025562.png

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,086 Views)