LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x axis keeps going back to autoscale

Hey everybody!

Im facing an issue with the waveform chart. I go to the properties -> scale, turn off the autoscale in the x axis (time), and I put the maximum value equals 10, and the minimum equals 0. When i run the code, the x axis keeps going back to the autoscale value. It does not happen in the y axis. Im using floating point in the display format, and already tried the others. Im working with labview 2011.

Do you have any idea of what could be happening?

Thanks ahead!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,597 Views)

Post the VI that demonstrates this.  Otherwise all we can do is wildly speculate.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,581 Views)

For charts, only the range is fixed. The min and max markers will move once your history is filled. For example, if the max and history size is ~10 and you feed it more points, it will scroll. What is the size of your chart history?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,573 Views)

Yes, it is confusing a little bit. It will always show last point acquired. 

For charts autoscale true means "show available history" (1024 elements default, right click Chart history length to change)

Autoscale false means show selected window length

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,564 Views)

It is relate to chart behaveir in showing data and their index 
and also I think it is not good idea to do that 
but you can use some thing like this vi to do it 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,555 Views)

i checked the chart history and its 1024 deafault, i tried to rase the value, but the problem was still there. i didnt want to change to a graph.

Hatef.fouladi, i couldnt open the file because of error code 9.

😞

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,540 Views)

@lizandra wrote:

i checked the chart history and its 1024 deafault, i tried to rase the value, but the problem was still there. i didnt want to change to a graph.

What prevents you from attaching a simplfied version of your code, demonstrating th problem.

It would not make sense to keep showing just elements 0..10, even after adding more data, because you would never see any of it.

What do you actually want to see with autoscale=off?

What do you currently see instead?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,531 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,522 Views)

>> It would not make sense to keep showing just elements 0..10, even after adding more data, because you would never see any of it.

For example sometimes it would be convenient to scroll chart to beginning, while it is getting data. Now it automatically moves to new data when they arrive.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,517 Views)

i wanna see this

waveformchart.png

but i keep seeing this

waveformchart2.png

Hatef.fouladi, i tried to do as your vi, it almost worked, but it keeps flashing between the value i want and the autoscale value.

im working with daq and sensors, so you probably wouldnt be able to run the code.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,467 Views)