From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wt1600 harmonic analysis

Hi,
I am trying to find the magnitude of the first 20 harmonics of  my current signal on element 4 (I,4). I have tried all combinations from their manual but the only result I keep getting is "NaN".
Can anyone help me or if somebody has a sample code , nothing like it.

Thanks a bunch
Venke
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,996 Views)
Hi Venke,

How are you?
I am not an expert with extracting harmonics, but you can take a look at the Programming>>Waveform>>Analog Waveform>>Waveform Measurements palette.

You can also find a lot of shipping examples in labVIEW in Help>>Find Examples>>type in Harmonics in the search bar

Have a wonderful weekend
Van L
NI Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,986 Views)
Thanks Van for your response. But I was talking with reference to the WT1600 Power analyzer from Yokogawa.
If you have any suggestions, do let me know

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,980 Views)
Hello Venke,

Did you look at the LabVIEW driver for this instrument?   You can look at this document to see how to install instrument drivers.  There is a VI that can be used to acquire the harmonics:

If you did look at this driver, can you upload your VI so we can have a better idea of what you are doing.

Have a great day.

Message Edited by O_Proulx on 02-18-2008 04:13 PM
O. Proulx
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,960 Views)
I want to output harmonic current(order from1 to 40) from WT1600 to PC,but I don't know how to do?I thought is a long time,who can help me!The best is give me some program explames.Thank you very much!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,505 Views)

Hi,

Do you have the drivers for your device installed? If not, you can find them here. In the driver folder you will find all the VIs you need to control your wt1600. Also included in the driver folder are 2 program examples.

You can also look at O. Proulx post to see the harmonic analysis VI.

Thanks

Scott M.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,488 Views)
Thank you! I have installed th device drivers.The  harmonic analysis VI's output is not my want,and it can't  output the order from 1 to 40.I don't know how to program,could you help me ?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,478 Views)

The best way to learn about your wt 1600 is probably from the the examples included with the drivers. It seems to me that the "Number of Items" input on the Read Numeric Harmonics VI should control the number of harmonics you are reading (it is default set to 15), you could try setting that to 40. You may have to experiment with the other VIs included in the driver to find the one that gives you the required output. 

If you have any issues with the LabVIEW side of programming I would be happy to help, just post back with what is giving you problems. 

Thanks

Scott M.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,447 Views)