LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

writing waveform max and min to a spreadsheet with a usable timestamp

If you could post a bit of your code? It would help me visualize where the code needs to fit in.

In the mean time, I have created a version of the VI for getting the current time stamp that incorporates error clusters. I have found it useful for ensuring that the time is read at the point in a process.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(653 Views)

Hi All,

I am having a similar issue. I am using waveform Min MAx.vi to extract the minimum and maximum values from a waveform graph, and the corresponding times. The output from the vi is in the format of a timestamp for the max time and the min time, whereas, I would like to have that in the time format which is on the waveform graph. The waveform graph has relative time on the x-axis, starting from zero.

I would also like to average the maximum  and the minimum values that I am getting from the vi around a few points/ samples. How do we go about this?

Thanks,
Deepak

LAB View 2010 SP1
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(465 Views)

I am using LabView 2010 with SP1.

LAB View 2010 SP1
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(464 Views)

To get relative time, you just have to subtract the t0 of the waveform.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(457 Views)

@mikeporter wrote:
here's two VIs I use for converting between formats.

Mike...

A slightly more robust version is avalable here.  and attached
Mike- those seam fairly good except for the leapyear bug in excel and DST the local time zone information should be passed as well since in Excel  there is a different epoch for each time zone (Well, Excel doesn't really keep track of Zone other than Local)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(451 Views)

[Edit]

Had not looked at the OP date.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(446 Views)

Thanks, Dennis.

LAB View 2010 SP1