LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

writing data from labview to excel

Hi, currently I'm trying to get an array of data from labview into a specific excel file everytime.

The attachment i have is a program creating a new worksheet everytime it runs. I couldn't figure out how to make it work. Anyone can help me? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,740 Views)

So what is the specific problem? What is it doing that is incorrect? If the problem is that it is creating a new file every time its because the first subVI is opening a spreadsheet template file. Or at least I think it is since all of the subvis are missing...

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,731 Views)

Hi Khiam,

To make it work,you need to install report generation toolkit with proper version.Even i could not able to make it work as there are lot of subvis which are missing.If you have any specific requriement,please post your query.

regards,

SrikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,727 Views)

Hi,

I do have the sub VIs and i can run the program. The problem is that I need the program to run without changing to a new sheet all the time. I tried to remove the template file and fixed it on one particular excel file but always get an error.

regards.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,717 Views)

Srikrishnanf: That's not correct. He's using the Free Excel Toolkit. No need to pay for the report generation toolkit.

Khiam: Take a look here

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,714 Views)
And the error is.......

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,706 Views)

Is there any ways to modify the program to open an existing excel file, transfer data to the a worksheet and overwrite the same worksheet everytime i run the program? I do not need the template.xlsx

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,679 Views)
You said you were getting errors. What were the errors?

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,655 Views)

I'm sorry people but thanks for your help. I figured the error out and were able to set the data into the same worksheet everytime. Thanks alot for your help and will look for you guys if i need help in the future thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,627 Views)