cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write to excel from oscilloscope

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello guys,

I control my  real oscilloscope with this code and I need to write the data in an Excel file.

How can I write data acquisitions from this program? I tried with the write to measurement file function but it does not work. Smiley Happy

labview 2018 accademy
oscilloscope Rohde Schwarz RTO2044

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(291 Views)

There are no signals given as input to write to excel file.

Nghtcwrlr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(284 Views)

what is the signal I have to use to save data with that block?

if I use the signal that goes to the chart it does not work, and it is the same if I use waveform array.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(266 Views)

There are several questions to clarify.

• By "Excel", do you mean that you want to write data in Excel's proprietary .xlsx format?  For that, you would need to use the Report Generation Toolkit and create an "Excel Report".
  • An alternative is to write a "Delimited Spreadsheet File", a Text file with rows delimited by lines of text, and columns delimited by a <tab> (the default case) or perhaps a comma (in which case the file can be called a "comma-separated Values" file, or a .csv, which Excel can also seamlessly read, along with any other routine that reads text).
  • What is the format of the data you wish to write?  Neither Excel nor LabVIEW's "Write Delimited Spreadsheet" function will accept a Waveform as input, for example.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(241 Views)

Thank you very much,

the waveform that I get from instrument driver seems to be generated using an array of double. Which is in your opinion the easiest way to print this array into a file? 

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(232 Views)

@King_Rob wrote:

Thank you very much,

the waveform that I get from instrument driver seems to be generated using an array of double. Which is in your opinion the easiest way to print this array into a file? 

thank you

I can't look at your code because it's a newer version than I have but...

If the VI's for your scope can output a waveform as a 2D numeric array (X in one column and Y in the other) then all you really have to do is use the "Write to Delimited Spreadsheet" vi and write it to a file.

By default that vi will make a TAB delimited text file, but Excel will have no problem opening it you just have to jump through a couple hoops first. Launch Excel and use File->Open to open the file. Excel will launch the file importer and if you read the prompts you will see you can click right through it. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately, most readers of this Forum, including some real Experts, have not mastered the skill of being able to read the code that Posters fail to post. If we cannot see "what you did wrong", we are unable to tell you how to fix it. (Bob Schor 28 August 2018)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(226 Views)

I used ''Write to Delimited Spreadsheet'' this is a screen. Waveform is a Sine, the plot about ''current data'' inside the loop is a sine, but if I open the data inside ''file.TXT'', I don't find a good data to plot the waveform. I want a file with a 2 column, but the file was not written like that.

Where do I wrong?

How can I see the format of current data?

program.PNGshot of display 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(208 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author King_Rob
11-12-2018 11:59 PM

You have the Array input on the For Loop set to Indexing and you have a 1 wired to the Count Terminal.

Remove the For Loop around the write section.

A For Loop with a count of 1 only runs once, that makes the For Loop itself superfluous.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately, most readers of this Forum, including some real Experts, have not mastered the skill of being able to read the code that Posters fail to post. If we cannot see "what you did wrong", we are unable to tell you how to fix it. (Bob Schor 28 August 2018)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(197 Views)