From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write file to measurement

Hi all

I have created a proof-of-concept vi (hopefully shown below!). At the moment it is being fed with some arbitrary numeric and boolean data, but in the future will be fed by over 300 parameters from an existing system.

It is desired that the front panel will show a list of the parameters and from this list it will be possible to select exactly which parameters are to be stored. For instance, in this case it may be that I only want to store bool 2 and the 3rd numeric input, and so these would be selected on the front panel. The tabulated logged data will then simply be of 3 columns, titled 'time', 'bool 1' and 'number 3' - I do not want empty but titled columns etc. I understand in this instance I could use case structures but once there are 300 parameters or more the number of permutations of cases will be far to high to realistically code!

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,875 Views)

Keeping with the Express VI theme, there is the Select Signals Express VI.  You feed that the dynamic datatype wire.  You feed it an array of booleans and it will determine which of the input signals will be selected and passed through.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,831 Views)