LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write LVM and give channel names

I am writing a lvm file using a string with channel names and data and want the lvm to have the channel names I have written a vi that should work, by removing the channel name part of the string and passing it thorough the set variant attribute vi and then changing the rest of the vi in to a numerical array and passing it all individually through the build waveform. It is just not working can anyone clever tell me why I am not writing a lvm with the channel names specified

nice
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,766 Views)
You almost have it.  The attribute name must be NI_ChannelName.  The value of the attribute is the name you want your channel.
Message 2 of 9
(3,758 Views)

Sorry didn't quite understand. Do I need to just change around some of the connections?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,744 Views)
Well, as DFGray said, the name input of Set Variant Attribute must be NI_ChannelName.  Just drop a string constant and type that in, and wire it to the name input.

I'll leave it up to you to determine what should go to the value input, but that should be what you want the name of each channel to be.  It looks to me like what's currently going into the name input should be going into the value input.  I'm not sure what you'd intended with the Label.Text property.

Good luck!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,737 Views)
I have attached a screenshot which shows the modification.

Message Edited by DFGray on 03-29-2007 07:54 AM

Message 5 of 9
(3,738 Views)

Which attributes of a waveform can be put into a LVM-file?

NI_ChannelName     Header of data

NI_UnitDescription

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,492 Views)

Which attributes of a waveform can be put into a LVM-file? I know about Name and Unit but are there other that will can be saved?

NI_ChannelName     becomes        Header of data

NI_UnitDescription   becomes         Y_Unit_Label  in the column header

Message Edited by plurrban on 01-30-2008 04:27 AM
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,492 Views)

NI_UnitDescription  

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,492 Views)

NI_UnitDescription   

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,491 Views)