LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wire function conflict

Hi,

I'm trying to programmatically call a VI within a loop (by reference) but am having trouble managing the vi reference, which I need to generate from a filepath sent through a queue elsewhere in the code. 

I have a user-generated event working which opens a file path, sent from a different section of the code (see images below), and I am able to create a reference within the event structure. However, when I try to populate an element in a cluster, an error occurs: the wire is broken, and it says 'wire: function conflict'. I thought the issue might be that a type-def'd or strictly type-def'd should be used inside the cluster and tried this but still had the same error.

If anyone could explain what the issue is here, and how I can generate a reference for a vi filepath sent from another part of the code, and then put it into a cluster so that I can run a VI by reference, that would be great.

Thanks,

Earle

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,200 Views)

You have a strictly defined VI reference.  Your cluster needs to match the strictly typed VI reference.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,195 Views)

Hi Crossrulz,

Thanks for the reply! I thought this might be the case, and I tried to do this inside the cluster, but perhaps I did it wrong. 

I created an idicator wired to the output of the VI reference, ran the program so that the indicator updated, created a control from that indicator, then copied the control into the cluster and strictly type def'd it. Was I meant to do it differently?

Earle

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,165 Views)