From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wind rose using pie chart.

I am a technical student , for my lab requirements i need to make a pie chart using labview.

i have provided with a 2 diamensional array of veocity of the wind and the direction in which it is flowing.

please help me with a solution.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,451 Views)

What help do you need?

What is this pie chart supposed to look like?

Have you taken any LabVIEW tutorials?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,408 Views)
Yes, can you show a picture of what you are trying to accomplish? Given the way you describe the data, perhaps pie chart is not correct? Perhaps something like a radar plot showing bearing and amplitudes?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,390 Views)

You talk about a "wind rose" in your subject, which is presumably one of these:

The nearest thing I know in LabVIEW is a Compass plot. You can search Example Finder for "compass" to learn more:

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,361 Views)

Maybe using Advanced Plotting Toolkit with a polar coordinate based bar plot? Seems good and nice to me.

plot.bmp

There was a similar post about this recently here - there are .NET toolkits for graphing (and I think if you search there may be some community pages about using .NET graphs in LabVIEW) which you might be able to use.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,322 Views)

I'm new to LabVIEW. I want to know how to make the program. Wind rose is a 12 segmented pie chart showing the percentage of wind velocity along each direction.
A wind rose is a graphic tool used by meteorologists to give a succinct view of how wind speed and direction are typically distributed at a particular location.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,301 Views)

I'm new to LabVIEW. I want to know how to make the program. Wind rose is a 12 segmented pie chart showing the percentage of wind velocity along each direction.
A wind rose is a graphic tool used by meteorologists to give a succinct view of how wind speed and direction are typically distributed at a particular location.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_rose#/media/File:Wind_rose_plot.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,299 Views)

yes... this was the  the only similar tool I found in labview... but how its possible to fill each sector with a specific valu...??

thank you for your responce.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,296 Views)

we are supposed to make the solution by using only labview...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,294 Views)