LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

win7 cRIO communication

I am using cRIO 9014 direct connect to the Ethernet port of a desktop computer. I found if the operating system is Windows XP then MAX can find the cRIO without problem. But if it is Win7, MAX can not find the cRIO even ipconfig and ping the cRIO IP without problem. And I got Read TCP/IP message error if run my application (working fine on WndowsXP for years).

I tested several cRIO on different desktops and laptops. It is same result, MAX cannot find cRIO from Win7 but WindowsXP no problem. Is there any setting of the network in Win7 need to be changed from default ? Another thing is if I connect cRIO to computer through a hub, MAX can find it. But MAX cannot find it if direct connect.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,982 Views)

Hello,

The Windows 7 OS takes a little bit of time to set the IP Address as a Link Local.  This could be the cause of you not being able to see the cRIO when directly connected, but are able to see the cRIO when connected on a switch.  Try to manually changing the IP address of the Windows 7 computer to a link local address and see if you are able to see the cRIO in MAX.

Regards,

M. Whitaker
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,946 Views)