From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

win-login on web-server

We have a corporate network with Active Directory.
I'm developing an application using the LabVIEW Web server.
When a user opens the page of my server, he sees certain information. I want this information to depend on user's login.
In C# (.NET), it's easy to get a user's win-login without password entry forms. For example, we have a corporate website. When I open it, I immediately get into my personal office without any authorization. Is there a way in LabVIEW to find out which user (his login) is accessing the page? Using this information, I can extract the necessary data from Active Directory and display it on the page.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,558 Views)

Good morning! 

If I understand the problem correctly, all you're looking for is the username from their login on the computer, not the full username and password, correct?

If that is the case, I dug up a support article covering the retrieval of a Windows Username using the Systems Exec VI or through a Property Node.

Retrieve Windows User Name in LabVIEW Programmatically:

Linkhttps://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000PACwSAO

Tyler O.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,518 Views)

Hi, Tyler!

I can't use Systems Exec.

I need get data from intertnet-request

lvweb.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,512 Views)

I founded solution like

<script type="text/javascript">
  var WinNetwork = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Network");
 var UD = WinNetwork.UserName; 
 document.getElementById("gf").href = ".../get_form/?wlogin="+UD;
</script>

and then I get data from GET-mothod.

In .NET I can get this data without ActiveX and this much better, because ActiveX may by disabled.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,503 Views)