LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi video capture using TCP/IP protocol in LabView

i have designed a robot with a camera and i am trying to control it using LabView. I am using TCP/IP communication protocol (My robot has wifi card for communication, IP: 169.254.0.20)... i am able to control the motor and make my robot moves in any specified direction but i am not able to acquire video from the camera. i have installed NI vision drivers but still i am not able to aquire video. is there any IMAQ wifi driver available. if not, is there any other logic to aquire continious video from a camera using tcp/ip?

i am using LabView 8.6

wifi: private IP 169.254.0.20

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,202 Views)
For starters you don't have a read in your VI. You will not be able to acquire any data if you don't read. I would recommend that you take a look at the client/server examples for TCP communications in the LabVIEW examples. You will need to setup a parallel task that can read the streaming video from the robot. The examples should provide you with some guidance on how to do this.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 2 of 7
(6,194 Views)
Thankyou. i tried using tcp/ip read but still couldnt recieve image. is there any IMAQ wifi available....  like IMAQ USB for camera?...  i am using labview version 8.6, NI Vision 2009 and Vision development module 8.6.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,163 Views)

Without knowing the specifics of the camera you are working with it is impossible to give you advice on what your code needs to do. For instance, to obtain an image do you connect to the camera or does the camera expect to connect to a server? If you connect to the camera is there a specific protocol you need to use to request the image? Generally in networking there is some application layer protocol required for two devices to communicate with each other.

I don't have much expereince with IMAQ itself to answer your question as to whether there are VIs that already do this or not.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,158 Views)

Hi Sumanth,

I know it was some time ago. But I saw your application in this forum and your difficult in aquiring the video from a camera using tcp/ip. I need to do this too. I have a ip camera and I want to acquire its video using tcp/ip. Have you succeed in doing this? If so, could you give some help?

Thanks in advance,

Celia

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,292 Views)

Celia,

Since this post is several years old, you should try starting a new thread, you will probably get more responses that way.

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,278 Views)

Ok, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,269 Views)