From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why my VI shows tunnel missing assignment?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I need to control two relays, if one open, then the other closed. This is decided by the numberic input is higher than 47 or not. Then, i hope if click stop button, all the setting to the two relays can reset to initial status.

However, my VI shows tunnel missing assignment. Does anyone know why?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,290 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jzhu001

Inside your case structure, the boolean wire goes to two different tunnels.  Look in the True case and you'll see it goes to a second tunnel.  Not the tunnel that is wired in the true case and to the stop conditional terminal.

If you click on the broken run arrow and look at the list of errors, pick the error and click Show Error.  It will highlight the bad tunnel, and even switch to the case that is causing the problem.  (Or one of the cases causing the problem if there is more than one case missing a wire,)

Edit:

Crossrulz is right about the tunnel being hidden.  One of the first things I did with your VI is click Clean Block Diagram which I do whenever I see messy wiring in a VI I download.  That uncovers the bad tunnel.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,275 Views)

Because you have a tunnel hidden that is not properly wired up and not set to use the default.  From the error window, double click the error and it will should you the tunnel.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,274 Views)

Thank you for this helpful suggestion. There is a tunnel hidden. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,262 Views)

Using the "Distribute Items by vertical centers" will also expose hidden tunnels

Distribute items by vertical centers.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,146 Views)