LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why must I click the button two times to update the data?

Dear All,
I have written a simple vi about event case. I have found that I must to click the button two times to updata the data. I don't know why.
And I can't use the stop button to stop the vi.
Could you tell me the reason?
Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,678 Views)
For the stop issue, you have to use an event case to handle the stop button. See the modified VI.
For the double click, I don't know. I tried to change the mechanical action of the buttons and the event to "mouse up" but it didn't work.
Regards,

Rasputin
LV7.1 <> W2K
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,670 Views)
Hi,

1 : you have a "timeout case" but no timeout linked, so you lose the advantage of the event structure !
2 : make a event for "stop" on value change 😉
3 : its normal, because le control terminals were out of the event struct, run it in high light mode you'll understand 😉

Remark : instead of having to clic a boolean to refresh the indicators, why don't you make a "value change event" directly on the control ?

I modified your VI following step 1,2,3 above

Hope this helps 😉

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 3 of 6
(2,668 Views)
Move the numeric controls into the event structure.Otherway, in the first click, you will get the old values for the numeric controls. The the event struct reload the tinnels. In the second click, you get the nex value. Use the BULB function during the execution to see the dataflow.

=====
EDIT: ops, too late Smiley Tongue

Message Edité par Rasputin le 11-15-2006 11:12 AM

Rasputin
LV7.1 <> W2K
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,667 Views)
Hi Hugoliang

Try to drag the numeric -1 and -2 into the eventcase
cause as they are placed outside the event case they are allready updated with the old value long time before you change the number.
With the stop button, try to add the stop button as an event in the event case.

Hassan Zamzam
/Elektro Engineer. DK
HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,659 Views)
Thank you very much.
I have debug it and see the dataflow how to work.
Thanks for all helps!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,648 Views)