LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is this so difficult?

Sorry for the vent but all I want to do is take some voltage reading via DAQ assistant and display them in a chart or graph.

Fot the life of me I can not figure out how to do this! All I end up with is a chart or graph where on single point just bounces up and down.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,000 Views)
Are you reading a single point, or a waveform? If you are reading a single point, then the graph will plot a single point. The next time you perform a read you're sending a new point to the graph, so it plots the new point. A waveform graph has no history. If you are reading a single point in a loop, and you want to see a history you need to use a chart. You can use a graph, but in this case you need to use a shift register to accumulate your data with each iteration, and pass this accumulated data to the graph. Charts and graphs are different in LabVIEW. Check the LabVIEW Help for a full explanation.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,992 Views)
Is it in a loop? If so, I suggest a chart instead. It is designed to display the data as you add points to the display.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,987 Views)
It's impossible to say what is wrong because all you did was post an image. The actual VI is needed to see how you configured the DAQ Assistant and what else you have programmed.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,970 Views)
The easiest thing to do is to post your code. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,949 Views)

Chart or graph seem to do the same thing one point get plotted at a time.

This just drives me nuts. Displaying data on a cart or graph should be a no brainer and I have done it a million times in LV 5.11...

I have this little USB 6009 that NI treats as a DAQ instead of just supplying a few usful VI's.

This is my first time dealing with the DAQ assistant and I guess I do not really understand it's output.

Message Edited by RTSLVU on 06-05-2008 09:38 AM
========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,895 Views)

As mentioned several times, you need to post your code if you want any help with the DAQ Assistant and a chart. The image is just worthless.

The USB-6009 is a DAQ device just like all of their other DAQ devices and all you really do use is a few useful VIs (or a single one with the DAQ Assistant).

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,890 Views)
I could have sworn I attached my code the my last post?

Well this is the one and only NI DAQ device we have in the company. We tend to prefer Measurment Computing DAQ devices because they are far eaiser to use. At least all the trouble programming this one has been has turned me off to NI DAQ devices

Anyway here is my code
========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,882 Views)
Your DAQ assistant is set up to acquire 1 point at a time.  You are feeding that to a Volts Indicator and a "Volts 2" Waveform Graph.  Replace that with a Waveform Chart as Smercurio stated in reply #2.  Waveform charts maintain a history, Waveform graphs don't.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,869 Views)
You if you need a graph rather than a chart, you can also place the data aquiring code in a loop within your main loop that runs, say, 100 times then sends an array of data to a waveform generating vi, then to your graph. But yea, a chart is probably what you are looking for because at the moment you are plotting one point.
---------------------------------
[will work for kudos]
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,849 Views)